Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Want to Write a Song With You That Will Last a Lifetime!

I don't know why but I've been feeling rather poetic lately, but like everyone else who gets in this kind of mood I have writer's block. There is however one line I want to use in a poem, and that line is on the title of this blog. "I want to write a song with you that will last a lifetime." I have no idea where this came from, but it sounds familiar like from a song. I wouldn't doubt it if it did. Before I go looking up if it is or not I just wanted to explore the possibilities of what this ment.

1. Live my life with my significant other to the fullest. Do so many things together, things that make us happy. We'll write our "song" together as time goes on, and when the time has come and the end is near, we can look back on life and think of all the amazing things we've done, times we've had and just reminisce and listen to our amazing "song".

2. I took this a bit literal, but what if my partner and I wrote a song and kept adding on to it as life went on. Whenever something good happened we would play a jolly tune in our song, and when things went, bad we transition the song to sound a little more down, and just keep adding til we feel as if nothing else can be added. We will write the finale together, and see how it has all turned out.

I know It all sounds a little bit cheesy, but for one I didn't know how to word the 1st one tha well, but I was thinking something along those lines, and same goes for the second one. I hope I get around to writting a poem or something using that line. In the mean time good 'ol Elmer needs some sleep. Oh I know I haven't had a friend of the post in a while, but I have decided to stop that. So instead I will be having a question at the end of each post, and I would like to hear your answers! So this posts question is: What does that line mean to you? "I want to write a song with you that will last a lifetime". There is no right or wrong answer, but if you can just put your answer as a comment when I post a link to this on Facebook.  Sweet dreams everyone! :]

-Elmer

1 comment:

  1. I like this. I wish it was facebook. Haha.
    Anyway...
    I look at this as the first one kind of. Enjoying life to the fullest with anyone. Your significant other or your best friend or both. Take life into your arms and make it more beautiful than anyone else could. Make it into a masterpiece of love(:

    ReplyDelete